Our Beliefs: a guide for our actions
We Believe In:
- Loving each child as our own.
- Mindful, curious, and adventurous learning.
- Safe schools that nurture mind, body, and spirit.
- High expectations that promote academic growth.
- The strength that comes from the diversity of our community.
Our Vision: an ideal to strive towards
Creighton neighborhood schools inspire adventurous thinkers, collaborative learners, and kind-hearted leaders.
Profile of a Creighton Student
Upon promotion, a Creighton Eighth Grader is —
- An adventurous thinker who is:
- Sharp, ambitious, and intrinsically motivated
- Thoughtfully reflective about ideas and relationships
- Adept at problem solving, critical thinking, and making connections
- Curious, creative, and experiences the world with a sense of wonder
- A collaborative learner who possesses:
- Physical and social-emotional wellbeing
- Strong life skills and habits of mind
- Cultural awareness
- Effective communication skills
- A kind-hearted leader who shows:
- Caring and generosity
- Confident self-advocacy
- Focus on reaching goals
- Commitment to community service
Our Mission: how we work to achieve our vision
We work together to provide a caring, personal learning experience that teaches each child to think, create, and lead.
- Adventurous Learning: Provide innovative, creative, and relevant learning experiences.
- Health and Wellness: Ensure safety and inspire health and wellness in our schools and community.
- Community Impact: Promote the value of the Creighton community and the unique contribution of each neighborhood school.
- Communication: Cultivate a sense of belonging and influence with our communities through the open exchange of ideas and information.
- Stewardship: Maximize and invest resources to achieve the strategic plan.
Board adopted: 06/07/16